The Peace and Sports Middle East Forum took place today at the Diplomatic Quarter in the beautiful city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as an integral part of the World Combat Games 2023.
The central theme of the forum, “SPORT IS AN ANSWER FOR PEACE”, was introduced by Mr. Joël Bouzou OLY, the President and Founder of Peace and Sport. Followed by opening speeches by H.R.H. Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Faisal, Minister of Sports and SOPC President, and H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, Patron of Peace and Sport.
The forum covered a range of compelling topics that explored how sport could serve as a dynamic force for unity and harmony. The forum was guided by masters of Ceremony, Weam Al Dakheel from the Saudi Olympic and Paralympic Committee, and Marc Maury from Peace and Sport.
1. Vision 2030: Sport in Saudi Arabia
2 Sport for Gender Equality: Women’s Empowerment
3. Champions On and Off the Field: The Odyssey of Nadia Nadim
4. Sport for Youth Empowerment: From Kids to Young Leaders
5. Culture of Peace Through Sport: Best Practices from the Field
6. Peace Through Sport: When the Myth Becomes Reality
7. Living Together: The Major Role of Football
8. Major Sporting Events: Legacy and Social Impact