Join the July monthly webinar dedicated to “What is Doping? The 11 rules explained”.
A Doping violation is commonly thought of as an athlete testing positive after an analysis of their urine or blood sample. Whilst this counts for the majority of doping cases, did you know that there are additional 10 conducts which could be considered as an anti-doping rule violation in the World Anti-Doping Code?
It is important that all athletes and athlete support personnel understand these rules and how they apply to them. Join us as we discuss each one, breaking down the legal language and asking questions such as:
- What does it mean to receive notification of a positive test?
- What are some examples of evading or refusing doping control?
- What conduct can constitute “tampering”?
- What is prohibited association and how can you protect yourself?
- What does possessing a prohibited substance mean for coaches who have a legitimate medical requirement?
Taking us through all of this, and more is this month’s expert guest Ayesha Talpade, Senior Legal Counsel for the ITA, who will also answer your questions live at the end of the session.
As always, we are pleased to deliver these webinars in English with simultaneous translation to four additional languages – Arabic (العربية), Spanish (español), French (français) and Russian (русский).
Topic: What is Doping? The 11 rules explained
Event date: Wednesday 26 July, 14:00 – 15:00 CEST
Panellist: Ayesha Talpade, ITA Senior Legal Counsel
Moderator: Mairi Irvine, ITA Education Team
thank you for your support of our clean sport education efforts!